Happy Friday Lovelies! Last week I went on a business trip to Orlando, FL. While preparing for my trip, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what I was going to wear to the airport. I wanted to be stylish but still comfortable. It took me awhile to decide that I would just wear all black and add a few accessories to make the look stand out.
I then figured that if I was having such trouble with trying to achieve perfect airport style, my followers have probably experienced the same thing. So I decided to make that a little easier for you by providing some of my tips for achieving great airport style. Let me know what you think of these in the comments below.
1. Stylish, Yet Comfy Shoes. Initially, I threw on a pair of black pumps to finish off my all black look. I was feeling myself and my entire outfit but I knew the pumps wouldn’t last. And after getting lost in the airport before finally finding the baggage check location, I kicked the pumps off and threw on my black flats. So my advice would be to opt for a cute pair of flats like these here or even a pair of sneakers such as Converse or Nikes.
2. Dress in Layers. The airport is cold and so is the airplane (unless you’re flying with one of those low budget airlines). I brought my black blazer with me which was great because I could easily remove it if I got uncomfortable. Try this blazer here.
3. When in doubt, wear black. The thing about flying is that while you’re in the airport, you may do a lot of walking around and once you get on the airplane, you’re stuck there for hours at a time. So, you want to be as comfortable as possible. This is why I suggest all black. It allows for comfort as well as style. Black streamline’s your look; therefore, giving you a clean, put together outfit. These black jeans would be a great addition to your all black look.
4. Skip a carry on. Go for a stylish bag. I didn’t feel like lugging a carry-on around the airport the whole time; So, I decided to just carry my tote. It’s large so I was able to fit all of my essentials in there. And the flight attendant warned me that if I fell asleep, my tote would probably come up missing lol! She was just kidding but that just affirmed how cute it was :-). The one that I own is an old buy from Aldo; However, I love this one!
5. To finish your look, Add sunglasses. A cute bag, cute shoes, and a pair of fly sunglasses go a long way; especially when added to an all black ensemble. Sunglasses can transform even the most casual of looks into the realm of chicness. Also, they hide those puffy eyes if you haven’t really awoken yet. Here are a pair of my faves!
Well that’s it! The thing about airport style is that it only takes one piece to take it to another level. So whether you’re wearing a fly pair of sunglasses or an eye-catching bag, there is no doubt that you can achieve impeccable airport style when you go for simple, yet chic. What are some of your tips for achieving perfect airport style?
Speak to you soon!
2 thoughts on “Casual Friday: 5 Tips for Perfect Airport Style”
Beautiful article dear.. And I totally love the way you write..💯💯
Check out my new post.. Its on tips to create the most stylish outfits..
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much! And I will definitely check out your post!