It’s my birthday y’all!!! Yes I am the big 3-1. I’ve made it past the thirty hump and I couldn’t be happier with life right now. With that being said, I wanted to do something different today. I have been blogging for almost a year now and I feel like you still don’t know a lot about me. I decided to give you 31+ random (not so random) facts about little old Daneisha. Check them out below and let me know what you think. Do we have anything in common?!?!
- I love Jesus!
- I cannot start my day without a Venti Vanilla Latte from Starbucks.
- I’m a mom of the coolest, smartest, and most stubborn little boy.
- Before I got pregnant, I knew for years that I would have a son whose name would be Elijah. The law of attraction is real. But that’s a whole other story.
- Having my son completely changed my life and my body. Neither will ever be the same again. It’s the reason you will never see me with a crop top on.
- Having my son also contributed to me starting this blog. I wanted to inspire women to love themselves and their bodies; especially those who have children. Don’t give up on your beauty or your style just because you have children.
- I am a huge procrastinator. It’s really bad. But, if you’ve read any of my past posts, then you already knew that…
- Because I’ve always been a procrastinator, I crammed a lot during grade school and college. I actually do it in just about every part of my life. It’s a habit that has been the hardest for me to break.
- I was in the Gifted Program and Advance Placement all through elementary, middle, and high school. So I guess the cramming worked. Or maybe I was just gifted and advanced at cramming. Either way, I hope the “gifted” part rubs off on my son.
- I am a CPP (Certified Payroll Professional). It’s kind of a big deal in the payroll world.
- I get overwhelmed by messiness and dirty dishes; which is why I take forever to clean them (I know that’s a hard concept to grasp). However, I feel very much at ease when everything is neat and clean.
- I’m a style blogger whose closet is an absolute mess!
- My sweet tooth is quite uncontrollable. I love sugar in every way, shape, and form; that includes cakes, ice cream, candy, juice, and all things sugary. This is another thing that I am not proud of.
- I love strawberry flavored everything as well (ice cream, soda, cake, candy, scents, EVERYTHING).
- I’ve always wanted to be an entertainer in one way or another (model, act, sing, write music, produce) but I’ve always been too shy to follow through with any. Plus, I can’t sing…
- One of my favorite musicians is Bob Marley. I want to visit Jamaica just to go to all of his memorial sites.
- I love getting up Saturday mornings, turning on my Bob Marley music, and dancing around the house. I haven’t done this in a few years.
- While in high school, I spent most of my lunch hour in the library reading every book I could find (very nerdy, I know). I wish I had more time and patience to read like that nowadays.
- My favorite authors/poets as a teenager were Walter Dean Myers, Omar Tyree, Langston Hughes, Dr. Maya Angelou, and Mildred D. Taylor.
- The last three books that I read were Shonda Rhimes’ Year of Yes, Jen Sincero’s You Are A Badass, and Megyn Kelly’s Settle For More.
- I’m an introvert who purposely puts herself in situations where she has to interact with people. Sometimes it works out, sometimes I’m a wallflower.
- I don’t believe in zodiac signs. Scratch that! I don’t believe in all zodiac signs. However, the Gemini sign is very real. I mean, have you met any Gemini’s lately? Cuckoo (Only the men though).
- I have 7 tattoos that I got throughout my 4 years at Georgia Southern University…my “living life on the edge” years. I made sure to put them in places that were easy to hide.
- My two favorite cities to visit are Miami and New Orleans. If I could visit both every year, I would.
- All of my thoughts and feelings are written all over my face. No poker face here.
- I literally make an attempt everyday to remain humble. If ever I start trippin’, God reminds me to sit down and #behumble.
- Once I set my mind to conquering something, I don’t quit. That’s one of the reasons I’m still blogging.
- I’m an emotional shopper. I shop when I’m happy, excited, sad, angry, in love, and every other emotion.
- I thrive on getting a good deal when I’m shopping. And I must tell everyone about it. Another reason why I love blogging!
- When I was a teenager, I hated my lips. Now I love them! They’re one of my favorite features.
- My least favorite part of my body is my feet. They’re just not cute.
Okay, I kind of went overboard on my list. So, here are a few bonus facts about me!
- Just in case y’all want to buy me a drink, my favorite alcoholic beverage is the Perfect Patron Margarita from Applebee’s.
- I secretly fear success. I’ll get into that in another post.
- I am most at peace sitting at home with my son, eating popcorn, and watching “Trolls”.
- My favorite song on the radio right now is Taylor Swift’s “Look What You Made Me Do.” I get this instant care-free, unbothered attitude when I start singing it. Love Taylor!
- However, I’m currently listening to Otis Redding’s, “My Lover’s Prayer” as I write this.
Whew!!! This was a long post! But it was so fun and interesting trying to come up with a list of all of these things that describe me. I usually have a very hard time telling people about myself. I guess I just never think much about my likes and dislikes. It was great reflecting though. I hope you enjoyed it. Let me know what you think about some of my facts. Tell me about yourself too! Have an amazing day on me!
Speak to you soon!
P.S. If you enjoyed this post, consider subscribing!