Last year I started listening to a podcast called Happier. I think I found it after listening to an interview that the host, Gretchen Rubin, did on Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations podcast. Gretchen Rubin is the author of the bestselling book, The Happiness Project, a book about creating your own happiness through deliberate effort. On the Happier podcast, Rubin suggests multiple practices and tactics that will help to increase your happiness.
One practice that she encouraged was coming up with a list of small, finite goals that you want to complete for the year. These small goals are items that are directly tied to creating happiness and joy in your life. She called the list “18 for 2018”. Participants would list 18 things that they wanted to accomplish in year 2018. I loved the idea so much because it seemed very easy; write it down, and make it happen. Well, I didn’t create that list last year because I discovered the concept a little late in the year. However, I knew for sure that I would create my list for 2019. A lot of thought was put into this list. I wanted to include a few simple tasks, as well as some that would challenge me. Of course I couldn’t wait to share it with you all! Check out my list of #19for2019 goals that I will accomplish this year below!
- Read at least 12 books
- Girls trip to EssenceFest
- Create plan to buy house
- Make $10,000 from blogging
- Create my first eBook
- Pay off one credit card per month
- Make my bed everyday
- Document Elijah’s daily happenings
- Go inside the High Museum of Art
- Create a To-Do list of 5 things that will push me forward everyday
- Create To-Do list at the office everyday
- Monthly outing with Elijah
- Teach Elijah 30 sight words
- Watch “The Secret” on Netflix
- Turn phone off an hour before bed (8:00 when Elijah’s home, 9:00 when he’s not)
- Add a quick 10 minute clean up to my night routine
- Workout for 30 mins, 4 days a week
- Do Saturday or Sunday arts and crafts with Elijah
- Light my candles for an hour every day
There you have it!!! I’ve decided that I will actually turn this into a check list, so that I can check off every item that I accomplish this year. I’m super excited y’all! I’m hoping that you will give this a try as well! What are some items that you would include on your list?
Thank you so much for stopping by! Speak to you soon!
P.S. If you enjoyed this post, consider subscribing!