Welp, it looks like your girl will be single for the third year in a row on Valentine’s Day. To be honest, I’ve been single on Valentine’s Day most of my life. and I’m just fine with that. Instead of wallowing in self-pity, trying to figure out why I’m “still single”, I decided to take the day off and use this “holiday” as a chance to treat myself.
I’ve scheduled a mani/pedi with my favorite nail lady. I’ve ordered some Ciroc Infused Chocolate Covered strawberries to enjoy. And I plan to go to the movie theater to see What Men Want. Valentine’s Day will be a day of self-care for me. You should try it too. What better holiday than Valentine’s Day to focus on showing a little self-love and compassion for your busy, hardworking self?
Here are a few inexpensive ideas to do for yourself on Valentine’s Day and any other day that you want to enjoy a little “me” time.
- Take the Day Off – First things first, let’s just take the whole day off. Especially, a work day. I love having random days off when everyone else is at work, except me. This means that if I decide to do activities outside my home during the day, there won’t be a bunch of people out slowing me down (they’ll be at work).
- Go See that Movie/Concert – Relax for a moment and enjoy a good show. I love going to the movies; especially the ones with the leather seats and recliners. I’ve taken a few naps in there as well. The theater is the perfect place to chill out and relax.
- Netflix and Chill – Binge watch a new show on Netflix. This is one of my favorite things to do y’all. Add a few glasses of wine, and you have the perfect date with yourself. Some shows that I’ve recently enjoyed on Netflix are Good Girls, Greenleaf, and Trigger Warning. Check these out if you plan to “Netflix and Chill.”
- Have a Cheat Dessert – I’m pretty sure that we’re all still working to keep that New Year’s Resolution of losing weight. However, allow Valentine’s Day to be the one day that you get to have that cheat dessert. I can assure you that it will not hinder your weight loss process. Just make sure you make it’s a cheat dessert, not a cheat day.
- Head to the Spa – Why not take the time to pamper yourself. Schedule an appointment at the spa, the massage parlor, the hair salon, and/or nail salon. Get that manicure and pedicure that you’ve been needing/wanting.
- Buy Yourself a Present – And when I say “present”, I mean something that is going to add value to you life (or your day). It may be something as simple as a journal, a candle from Marshall’s, a pretty lipstick, or even some note cards with positive affirmations.
Those are some simple and inexpensive things that you could do to treat yourself on Valentine’s Day. It doesn’t take much. Just make sure you’re doing something that makes you happy.
Dress (Similar) – Shein Pumps – Steve Madden Red Bag – Urban Expressions (DSW)
P. S. Self-care isn’t a luxury ~ it’s the most basic way that we can care and show love for ourselves and by doing so, we are able to give so much more deeply to the ones that we love.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Speak to you soon!
P.S. If you enjoyed this post, consider subscribing!
Keep up with me on Instagram, Facebook, and Bloglovin!
One thought on “Treat Yo’Self: 6 Inexpensive Ways to Pamper Yourself on Valentine’s Day”
Great minds really do think alike. I did a self-care blog last week as well. It’s so amazing how many ways you can talk about one topic.
P.S. I love the outfit and your style too! Enjoy your pamper day!